The floating monkey head

This is using Ian Hubert’s “brute force” motion tracking method. I didn’t pick any of the contrast points myself – I let Blender select everything via Detect Feature, then scrubbed data that didn’t make the cut.

I didn’t use a gimbal for stabilization this time, but Resolve did a good job anyway. The one thing I should have done, which I didn’t capture in my last post, is to adjust shutter speed to minimize motion blur. I’m used to chasing that “cinematic look” with a shutter speed of 1/48, but for something like this, I can add blur in post if I need it.

I also didn’t get the axis detection correct. I picked three existing points, when I should have probably added three new ones. Still, not bad for a rushed first attempt.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: